2015 Summer Programs for High School Students
Indiana College and University Campuses
Compiled by: Jane Stormer, Associate Director of Admission, Hanover College
- Ivy Tech Community College. Explore The World of Nursing. July 7-11th. $50 fee. Commuters.
- Purdue University. Junior & Senior Vet Camp. June 16-22. Residential.($950-$1,500)
- Hanover College. Health Science Institute. June 14-19. Residential. ($600-$700)
- Indiana University. Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center Summer Research Program. Students must have completed grade 11. 9 week paid program. Residential. Application deadline, March 1st. 3.0 minimum GPA. Students from underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
- Hanover College. Environmental Science Institute – $600 June 14-19th, 2015 Residential.
- Indiana University. Jim Holland Summer Enrichment Program in Biology. July 19-24th, 2015. Residential. $50 fee. For Indiana underrepresented students.
- University of Southern Indiana. Girls Only (GO) STEM! Camp. June 7-11, 2015. $130 fee. Residential.
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. Operation Catapult. June 14-July 1st or July 7-July 24. $2500 fee. Residential.
- Purdue South Bend, College of Technology. Electric Go Cart Summer Camp. 3, 3 day sessions in July. $50 fee. Commuter only.
- Butler University. iD Tech Camps. 5 week options throughout June and July. Ages 13-17. Commuter only. $879-$909
English and Writing
- University of Indianapolis. Young Writers Workshop. $175 for commuters, additional $135 residential. June 22-26th.
- Hanover College. From Script to Screen – $600 June, 14-19. Residential.
- Butler University. Creative Writing Camp. $260 one week, $460 two weeks. June 15th-19th and 22nd-26th. Commuter only.
Visual and Performing Arts
- Hanover College. Theatre Institute: Shakespeare in Action – $600, Graphic Art Institute – $600 June, 14-19, 2015. Residential.
- Butler University. Community Arts School. 13 various arts topics through the summer. Costs vary, commuter/residential options available.
- DePauw University. Vocal Arts. Residential. June 14-20th. $720
- Anderson University. Six camps in the arts. (note dance is included) Throughout June and July. Costs vary from $250-$800+. Residential.
- IUPUI Herron School of Art and Design. Creativity Camps. $300 per week. June through July. Commuter only.
- Hanover College. Pre-Law Institute – $600 June 14-19, 2015. Residential.
- Indiana University. MEET Kelley. Women’s Session June 14-19th. Men’s Session June 21-26th. No cost to student other than transportation to the program. Residential. For underrepresented students.
- Ivy Tech Community College. Justice Academy. $50 fee. June 23-27th. Commuters only.
- Indiana University. Honors Program in Foreign Languages. Each program 5-7weeks in one of 6 countries. Fees range from $3,650-$4,650.
- IUPUI. Chinese Bridge Summer Program in China. July 13-26th. Cost of plane ticket and visa.
Journalism and Media
- Hanover College. Psychology of Media Institute – $600 June 14-19th, 2015. Residential.
- Indiana University. High School Journalism Institute. 10 week long workshops available in July of 2015. $399 residential, $265 commuter.
- Ball State University. Summer Media Academy. Two, four day workshops in July. $300 per workshop or $560 for both. Residential.
Earn College Credit
- Summer Honors Program at Indiana State University. July 19-25th. 15 sessions to choose from. Info on fees and registration to come in Spring 2015.
- Bethel College. Summer Science Institute. $50 fee. Residential or Commuter. May 31-June 5th, 2015. One hour of college credit.