You can borrow Read Along eBooks from the Library with your indyPL Library card. The vendor is Hoopla. To help you get started, listed below are several items you can borrow for kids. Click on a book jacket to borrow it with your library card.
A few things to keep in mind:
- These work great on many devices, including the iPad.
- You can checkout a total of 10 items each month from hoopla. Your limit resets on the first of the month.
- Book/movies are checked out for 72 hours. They are automatically returned, you don’t have to remember to do it. No fines, ever!
- If you borrow a book and it is returned after 72 hours, it counts as one of your checkouts. It is NOT that you can have 10 items checked out at a time…it is that you can only checkout 10 total items each month.
- You can stream or download your selection. Remember that if you choose to download to your device, PLEASE make sure that you are on WiFi. Downloads will incur data charges and book/movies are a larger format.
Below is a list of all of the Hoopla books that have text as the story is read. There are also a lot of picture books in Hoopla that are read aloud without the text appearing on the screen. These are fun too!
Here is a list: Picture Books in Hoopla
Read Along Stories:
In Hoopla, Read Along Stories play like a movie. They look like the sample to the left from Doug Unplugged. The words to the story appear on the screen as it is being read. As each word is pronounced, it is highlighted in red. Read Along Stories are great reading practice!