Naming the letters of the alphabet and knowing the sounds each letter makes is a critical pre-reading skill. Did you know that singing the alphabet song and books like "A is for Apple" and "B is for Ball" are only beginning? There are several online game & activities and Library books that make practicing the alphabet FUN.
- Cookie Monster's Online Alphabet Game
- PBS Kids Online Letter Games
- BestAppsForKids.com: Alphabet Apps for Kids
- CommonSenseMedia.org: Alphabet Apps
- Apps for Children With Special Needs: the Alphabet
Here are some books that use the letters of the alphabet to tell a story...or a joke. These books make naming the letters and practicing with the sounds the letters make fun.
Print This Page