Every Child Ready to Read® @ your library® is a program of the Association for Library Service to Children and Public Library Association, divisions of the American Library Association.
Use IndyPL’s Read Right Now! pages to have fun at home doing the five things that build early reading skills: Reading, Playing, Writing, Singing & Talking. Find books to read, songs to listen to, games to play, crafts to make and more! Things you can do RIGHT NOW, at home – no waiting!
FREE Online eBooks:
More FREE Online Reading:
- Read Right Now! Free eBooks for Kids
- Story Apps for Kids
- Storytime Online – 100 Free Video Read Alouds
- Free Read Along eBooks for Kids from Hoopla – Borrow with your library card.
Printables, Crafts & More:
- PBS Parents: Books That Bring the Black Experience to Life
- 30 Classic Books to Inspire African-American Kids
- The Brown Bookshelf: 16 Black Children’s Books for Better Bodies and Better Brains
- National African-American Booklist for Children
- Huffingpost Black Voices – Black Children’s Books: Our Favorite Stories for African American Youngsters
- Reading Rockets: Black History Month
- Scholastic: Black History Month
- Printable: Nick Jr. Black History Month Coloring Pages
- Printable: Time for Kids Black History Month
- Printable: National African American Read In Color Bookmark
More Info Guides about Black History:
- Black History: Athletes
- Black History: Authors & Illustrators
- Black History: The Civil Rights Movement
- Black History: IndyPL Digital Collections
- Black History: Martin Luther King Jr.
- Black History: Musicians & Singers
- Black History: Painters & Artists
- Black History: Scientists & Inventors
- Black History: Slavery