Nobody should be mean. That's an important skill to pass on to small children. Even very young children can learn to be kind. Important teachable moments happen every day. The books listed below can also help children learn how to be kind to their friends and not be a bully.
Nobody should be mean to others.
Think before you say or do something that could hurt someone.
If you feel like being mean to someone, stop yourself and find something else to do. A teacher, parent or other adult can help you find ways to be nicer to others.
Remember that everyone is different. Not better or worse. Just different.
If you think you hurt someone, apologize. Everyone feels better.
Read Right Now! books you can read online, right now, with no waiting!
||Read Bad Apple - When Mac, an apple, meets Will, a worm, they become fast friends, teaching each other games and even finishing each other's sentences. But apples aren't supposed to like worms, and Mac gets called "rotten" and "bad apple." At first, Mac doesn't know what to do--it's never easy standing up to bullies--but after a lonely day without Will, Mac decides he'd rather be a bad apple with Will than a sad apple without.|
More FREE Online Reading:
- Ready to Read: More Read Right Now! Free eBooks for Kids by Subject
- Ready to Read: Story Apps for Kids
- Ready to Read: Free Online Stories Read Aloud
Try these websites and activities at home:
- Choose Kind
- KidsHealth: Dealing with Bullying
- StopBullying.gov: Kids
- The Bully Project
- Sesame Street: Bully Prevention
- PBS Kids: What Is Bullying?
- Online Game: PBS Kids Beat the Bully
- IndyPL Ready to Read: Read Right Now! - Be Yourself
- Printable: Scholastic - Bullies
Want to read more without ever leaving home? Use your indyPL library card to download eBooks and audiobooks. Click on a book jacket to choose a book to download.