- October – National Bullying Prevention & Awareness Month
- October 19, 2016, Unity Day #togetheragainstbullying #unityday2016
Nobody should be mean. That’s an important skill to pass on to small children. Even very young children can learn to be kind. Important teachable moments happen every day. A teacher, parent or other adult can help children find ways to understand their own frustrations and feelings, which will help them be kinder to others. Remind them that everyone is different. Not better or worse. Just different. The books listed below can help children learn how to be kind to their friends and not be a bully, or help them learn how to survive being bullied themselves.
Bullying eBooks & eAudiobooks to Check out with your Library Card:
Use your indyPL Library Card number and PIN to check out FREE Online eBooks & eAudiobooks. Click on a book jacket & enter your Library Card number and PIN to borrow. What’s My PIN?
More FREE Online Reading:
- Read Right Now! Free eBooks for Kids
- Story Apps for Kids
- Storytime Online – 100 Free Video Read Alouds
- Free Read Along eBooks for Kids from Hoopla – Borrow with your library card.
Printables, Crafts & More about Bullying:
- Choose Kind
- KidsHealth: Dealing with Bullying
- StopBullying.gov: Kids
- The Bully Project
- Sesame Street: Bully Prevention
- PBS Kids: What Is Bullying?
- Online Game: PBS Kids Beat the Bully
- IndyPL Ready to Read: Read Right Now! – Be Yourself
- Printable: Scholastic – Bullies