Every Child Ready to Read® @ your library® is a program of the Association for Library Service to Children and Public Library Association, divisionsof the American Library Association. Every Child Ready to Read® @ your library® is a registered trademark and is used with permission. Early literacy begins at home with the adults in a child’s life.
Use IndyPL’s Read Right Now! pages to have fun at home doing the five things that build early reading skills: Reading, Playing, Writing, Singing & Talking. Find books to read, songs to listen to, games to play, crafts to make and more! Things you can do RIGHT NOW, at home – no waiting!
More FREE Online Reading:
- Read Right Now! eReading Room for Kids
- Ready to Read: Story Apps for Kids
- Ready to Read: Free Online Stories Read Aloud
- Printable: American Greetings Free Mother’s Day Cards
- Printable: Crayola Mother’s Day Coloring Pages
- IndyPL Ready to Read Pinterest Board: Mother’s Day
The more words children hear, the more words they learn, the better prepared they are to read! Here are some tips for talking about letters: