|Use your IndyPL Card:
No waiting in line!
The Big Library Read – Everybody able to read or listen to the same book at the same time for two weeks! Mystery Activities everyday from September 16-30th!
Nancy and her best friend, Bree, have everything they need to solve a mystery, from their totally professional trench coats to their top-secret code. But when crime strikes in their classroom, will these super sleuths be able to crack the case? Find out in the glamorous start to an all-new chapter book series featuring everyone’s favorite fancy girl!
Nancy Clancy Series:
If you are like Nancy and want to be a detective…uncover clues…follow leads…solve mysteries – here are some online detective activities to get you started. Detective Activities will appear on the Kid’s Blog every day from September 16-30th. On the 30th you can try to solve online mysteries using your new skills! Make a Rookie ID and stash it in one of these homemade wallets:
- Crayola: Paper Wallet
- FamilyFun: Juice/Milk Carton Wallet
- Duct Tape Guys: Duct Tape Wallet (Safety Tip: Use SCISSORS instead of the craft knife!)
- Nancy Drew Activities
- Cam Jansen Super Sleuth Headquarters
- How to Draw Chet Gecko, Private Eye
- The Mysterious Benedict Society Games
New Activities & Online Mysteries Each Day Sep. 16 – Sep. 30:
Now you’re ready to learn a new detective skill each day for two weeks. Tomorrow you can begin by assembling a detective tool kit with things found easily around the house. Check in every day to learn a new detective skill and read a free online mystery!
- Sep. 17: Detective Tool Kit & Private I. Guana
- Sep. 18: Surveillance Tools & Disney’s Donald’s Lost Lion (Overdrive)
- Sep. 19: Listening Skills & Diary of a Wimpy Kid Mystery of the Missing Dictionary
- Sep. 20: Observation Skills & A Sammy Keyes Casebook
- Sep. 21: Memory Skills & Disney’s Tink and the Messy Mystery (Overdrive)
- Sep. 22: Fingerprints & Detective Dinosaurs
- Sep. 23: Cracking Codes & Clueless McGee
- Sep. 24: Disguises & Disney’s Lizzie Maguire Mystery In the Doghouse (Overdrive)
- Sep. 25: Face Recognition & The Mystery of the Missing Organizer
- Sep. 26: Handwriting Analysis & Disney Minnie Mysteries Flower Prowler (Overdrive)
- Sep. 27: Invisible Ink & Disney’s Jasmine The Missing Coin (Overdrive)
- Sep. 28: In the Forensics Lab & Mickey Mouse Mysteries (Overdrive)
- Sep. 29: DNA Fingerprinting & One Minute Mysteries
- Sep. 30: Crack the Cases