Every Child Ready to Read® @ your library® is a program of the Association for Library Service to Children and Public Library Association, divisions of the American Library Association.
Use IndyPL’s Read Right Now! pages to have fun at home doing the five things that build early reading skills: Reading, Playing, Writing, Singing & Talking. Find books to read, songs to listen to, games to play, crafts to make and more! Things you can do RIGHT NOW, at home – no waiting!
FREE Online eBooks about Music:
Music eBooks & eAudiobooks to Check out with your Library Card:
Use your indyPL Library Card number and PIN to check out FREE Online eBooks & eAudiobooks. Click on a book jacket & enter your Library Card number and PIN to borrow. What’s My PIN?
More FREE Online Reading:
- Read Right Now! Free eBooks for Kids
- Story Apps for Kids
- Storytime Online – 100 Free Video Read Alouds
- Free Read Along eBooks for Kids from Hoopla – Borrow with your library card.
Printables, Crafts & More about Music:
- IndyPL Kids’ Blog Pinterest Boards: Musical Instruments – Free eBooks, printables & crafts for 39 instruments!
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis: Musical Instruments
- Printable: Jack’s Find the Clubhouse Instruments
- Printable: Jack’s Instrument Flash Cards
- Printable: Jack’s Big Music Show Coloring Pack
- Printable: Jack’s Jamboree Coloring Pack
- Printable: Dora Rock Star Coloring Pack
- Printable: Maestra de Musica Coloring Book
- Online Game: Duplo Lego Music Game
- Online Game: Disney Junior Mickey’s Music Machine
- Online Game: Dora’s Mega Music Game
- Online Game: Dora’s Music Maker Game
- Online Game: Hip Hop and Pop Concert Maker
- Online Game: Music is Everywhere
- Online Game: Blue’s Music Maker
- Online Game: Oswald’s Piano
- Online Game: Silly Songs Wheels on the Bus
- Online Game: What We Are Music Maker
- Online Game: Which One Doesn’t Belong Musical Instruments
- Online Game: Arthur Crank It Up
- Online Game: Clifford’s Xylobone
- Online Game: Maya and Miguel Global Groovin
- Online Game: Fisher Price Let’s Play Piano
- Online Game: Brother Bear’s Bearpod
- Online Game: New York Philharmonic Kidzone: Percussion Showdown Game
- San Francisco Symphony Kids’ Site
- The New York Philharmonic Kidzone
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra Kids: Make Your Own Instrument
- TLC: How to Make Musical Instruments for Kids
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra: Listen by Instrument
- University of Michigan: Stearns Collection of Musical Instruments
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Works of Art – Musical Instruments
- Smithsonian Audible Artworks: African Musical Instruments
- PBS Parents: explains how the brain benefits from musical activity. Ideas for parents can be found here.
- Kids Health offers tips and information about musical activity for young children.
- Sesame Street will get you moving with your little one!
- Check out this infographic from Too Small to Fail for pointers on how to engage infants and toddlers in music, rhymes, role-play, and art.
- Talk, read and sing!: Five songs for parents to enjoy with kids.