Every Child Ready to Read® @ your library® is a program of the Association for Library Service to Children and Public Library Association, divisions of the American Library Association.
Use IndyPL’s Read Right Now! pages to have fun at home doing the five things that build early reading skills: Reading, Playing, Writing, Singing & Talking. Find books to read, songs to listen to, games to play, crafts to make and more! Things you can do RIGHT NOW, at home – no waiting!
The Little Red Hen’s friends are lazy and don’t want to do any work to make the cake they want to eat…kind of like children sometimes! Books are a great way to help children understand what it means to help out and be part of a team that gets things done. Sometimes, the thing that needs done is keeping the toys picked up and the house clean. Sometimes, the thing is setting the table so the family can eat. Sometimes the thing is simply saying thank you.
FREE Online eBooks about Helping:
eBooks & eAudiobooks about Helping to Check out with your Library Card:
Use your indyPL Library Card number and PIN to check out FREE Online eBooks & eAudiobooks. Click on a book jacket & enter your Library Card number and PIN to borrow. What’s My PIN?
More FREE Online Reading:
- Read Right Now! Free eBooks for Kids
- Story Apps for Kids
- Storytime Online – 100 Free Video Read Alouds
- Free Read Along eBooks for Kids from Hoopla – Borrow with your library card.
Printables, Crafts & More about Helping:
- Printable: Between the Lions: Early Literacy Activity Guide for The Little Red Hen
- Printable: Stick Puppet Patterns to Tell the Story of The Little Red Hen
- Printable: Mini Book “The Little Red Hen” + Other Activities
- Printable: Clifford’s Big Idea – Help Others
- Printable: Clifford’s Big Idea – Work Together
- Online Game: Curious George Everything Must Go
- Online Game: Flo and Zo Sort It Out