Naming the letters of the alphabet and knowing the sounds each letter makes is a critical pre-reading skill. Did you know that singing the alphabet song and books like “A is for Apple” are only the beginning? There are several online games, activities and Library books that make practicing the alphabet FUN, books like Z is for Moose. In this story Zebra thinks the alphabet should be simple and orderly. A is for Apple. B is for Ball. Easy! Zebra is impatient and can’t wait for his turn. He interrupts. He barges in. It is such a long time to M! But when M isn’t for Moose, it is for Mouse instead, Zebra is crushed! Can Zebra find a place for Moose that isn’t M? He can! Can you figure out where his place is before Moose does?
FREE Online Alphabet eBooks:
More FREE Online Reading:
- All Ready to Read Booklists – links to free online books, activities and more ideas to talk, sing, read, write and play at home!
- Storytime Online – 100 Free Video Read Alouds
- 500+ Free Video Read Alouds & eBooks for Kids with an iPad
- Download and Stream for Kids – Free with your indyPL Library Card.
Alphabet Printables, Crafts & More:
- Video: Patti LaBelle Sings the Alphabet Song
- Video: Sesame Street – the Alphabet in Street Signs
- Online Game: Clifford’s Letter Match
- Printable: Jan Brett ABC Tracers
- Printable: Jan Brett’s ABC Coloring Pages
- Printable: Crayola Alphabet Coloring Pages A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
- IndyPL Pinterest Board: Alphabet Play
- IndyPL Pinterest Board: Writing Practice
Use your indyPL Library Card number and PIN to check out FREE Online eBooks & eAudiobooks. Click on a book jacket & enter your Library Card number and PIN to borrow. What’s My PIN?