Grow Your Own Sandwich shows you how to plant and care for tomatoes so you can make a delicious cheese and tomato sandwich. Making a connection between gardening and food is an important skill for small children. Where does food come from BEFORE it is in the grocery store? Below are several books and activities that will help you start a conversation around the dinner table about food. We can help you get started learning about where food comes from by reading these free eBooks & online activities about gardens and food. Listed below are even MORE books – eBooks and printed books you can check out with your indyPL Library card.
- All Ready to Read Booklists – links to free online books, activities and more ideas to talk, sing, read, write and play at home!
- Storytime Online – 100 Free Video Read Alouds
- 500+ Free Video Read Alouds & eBooks for Kids with an iPad
- Download and Stream for Kids – Free with your indyPL Library Card.
Printables, Crafts & More:
- Printable: Kevin Henkes My Garden Activities
- Printable: Farm to Cart Board Game
- Activity: Ranger Rick Jr. Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- PBS Parents Video: Egg Carton Seed Starters
Use your indyPL Library Card number and PIN to check out FREE Online eBooks. Click on a book jacket & enter your Library Card number and PIN to borrow. What’s My PIN?