|Four FREE online video books to help you celebrate World Book Day 2016:|
|Start your reading pledge right now watching these three story videos featuring favorite Dr. Seuss books on Read Right Now! Dr. SeussYou can watch and read online stories all year: More free online reading and 100 Free Video Stories!|
Hoopla – Use it to borrow digital music & videos.
Devices: You can stream titles instantly through your desktop browser or the mobile app. If you use the mobile app, you can also download titles to your device for offline playback later, where Wi-Fi may be unavailable.
Formats: eMusic, eMovies (Many video picture books & read along picture books are available.)
Loan Limit: 10 per month. Your limit resets on the first of the month.
Loan Period: eMusic 7 days; eMovies 72 hours (Titles are automatically returned and removed from your device at the end of the lending period – no fines!)
What You Need:
How to register and login to Hoopla on a Computer:
1. Go to https://www.hoopladigital.com/.
2. Click on the blue rectangle that says: “Get Started”.
3. Enter an email address and password. Remember your password – you will need it to login later.
4. Click on your home library, in our case, that’s Indianapolis Public Library.
5. Enter in your email address, the hoopla password of your choosing, your Library Card number and your Library Card PIN. What’s My Pin?
6. Click Sign Up Now at the bottom of the page.
7. When you return to https://www.hoopladigital.com/, login at the top of the Hoopla home page your email address and Hoopla password.
How to register and login to Hoopla on a Smartphone or Tablet:
2. To register click on the link at the bottom of the first screen: “Don’t have an account? Sign up”
3. On the Choose Your Library page begin typing “Indianapolis Public Library”. When our name appears, click on it.
4. Fill in your account information. You will need your library card number and PIN. (What’s My Pin?). You will also choose a password – remember it because you will use it each time you login.
NOTE: If you are streaming Hoopla content it will use cellular data – a lot of it! If you do not want to use up data make sure you are in Wi-Fi. Wireless internet access is available at all IndyPL locations.
- You can change the Hoopla website & app to “Kids’ Mode” if you would like to only see materials for kids. On the website, you will see this option in “Settings.” In the App, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the “My Hoopla” page. You will see the option to slide the button to the right to turn on Kids’ Mode.
- Hoopla titles DO appear in the library’s online catalog. You can search for titles and check them out in the catalog, however, you will have to open the app and login to your account to watch them.
- As soon as you click “Borrow,” you are charged for one checkout, even if you don’t watch or listen to the item.
- Hoopla only has three categories: music, movies & television, but there ARE picture books in Hoopla. They are categorized under “movies”. They are picture book videos as well as videos based on favorite children’s books. Here are some shortcuts to those titles:
Check back in July for the 2016-2017 Reading Lists
Palladium PALS (Performing Arts Literary Season) Book Club
Earn a Free Student Ticket to a Center Show!
Children & teens can earn a show ticket by reading books within their age group.
- Babies & Toddlers Printable Reading List & Questions to Answer
January 8, 2016 at 8pm
Ramsey Lewis Quartet: The In Crowd & Hang On Ramsey 50th Anniversary
January 9, 2016 at 8pm
Project Trio: Peter & The Wolf
January 9, 2016 at 10am & 2pm
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra with Pinchas Zukerman
January 10, 2016 at 7pm
Moscow Festival Ballet: Giselle & Cinderella
January 15-17, 2016 at 3pm & 8pm
The Band of the Royal Marines with the Pipes, Drums, & Highland Dancers of the Scots Guards
February 5, 2016 at 8pm
Direct from Ireland, Celtic Nights, “The Spirit of Freedom”
February 20, 2016 at 8pm
Polish Baltic Philharmonic Orchestra with Special Guest, Lech Wałęsa, former President of Poland
February 26, 2016 at 8pm
Silk Road Ensemble February 27, 2016 at 8pm The Palladium Christian McBride Big Band
March 4, 2016 at 8pm
MOJO & The Bayou Gypsies March 11, 2016 at 8pm The Tarkington Patty Griffin, Sara Watkins, & Anaïs Mitchell
March 20, 2016 at 7pm
SFJAZZ Collective: The Music of Michael Jackson
April 8, 2016 at 8pm
Jeremy Denk, Piano
April 24, 2016 at 3pm
May 15, 2016 at 7pm
The first inaugural 2015 Indiana Early Literacy Firefly Award winner is Bill Cotter for his book “Don’t Push the Button.”
Every child in Indiana, aged 0-5, may vote one time for the Indiana Early
Literacy Firefly Award. They will need to work with a parent, a librarian, a
teacher, a babysitter or other caregiver adult.
- Print a Ballot
- Circle one of the titles
- Turn the Ballot in to your local Public Library or voting location.
- The last day to vote is May 10, 2015.
Libraries will then email their totals to the Indiana Center for the Book.
The website A Mighty Girl is an outstanding collection of books, toys, music and movies “for smart, confident, and courageous girls.”
A Mighty Girl’s music section features more than 100 girl-empowering songs in a wide range of genres for all ages of Mighty Girls. You can also filter the collection by recommended age, genre, and theme. Each song description has a ‘Note to Parents’ to help you get the right song to your mighty girl at the right time.
- Music for Mighty Girls: A Celebration of Girl Empowering Music
Below is the playlist of Mighty Girl Music (as of today, they will continue to build the list, so keep checking it for new ones.) It is a great place to start for making a playlist for your own Mighty Girl.
Remember you can download 5 FREE songs a week with your library card from The library’s Freegal music catalog. In the list, the songs that are available from Freegal are in bold. Download 5 today and add the rest to your wishlist to make it easy to grab 5 more songs each week.
By May you will have a list of power songs for girls – a great soundtrack for the summer!
*32 Flavors Ani DiFranco
A Mother’s Love Mark Masri
*A Sorta Fairytale Tori Amos
*Ain’t got No/I Got Life Nina Simone
Almost There The Princess and the Frog Soundtrack
Amelia Almost 13 Carrie Newcomer
*Anything You Can Do from Annie Get Your Gun
*Atalanta from Free to Be You and Me
B*tch bad Lupe Fiasco
*Beautiful Christina Aguilera
Born This Way Lady Gaga
*Brave Sara Bareilles
*Breakaway Kelly Clarkson
Build a Levee Natalie Merchant
*Butterfly Kisses Bob Carlisle
*Child of Mine Carol King
Come Over to My Dollhouse Lunch Money
*Cornflake Girl Tori Amos
Courage Beauty form Pain 1.1
*Crucify Tori Amos
*Daddy Byonce Knowles
Defying Gravity Idina Menzel
Do My Thing Estelle
Everything Alanis Morissette
*Father and Daughter Paul Simon
*Feeling Good Nina Simone
*Fighter Christina Aguilera
Firework Katy Perry
Fixing Her Hair Ani DiFranco
Fly to Your Heart Selena Gomez
Free to Be You and Me The New Seekers
Future Man, Future Lady Ziggy Marley
Get Up Superchick
Girl Tori Amos
*Girl Disappearing Tori Amos
Girl in a Country Song Maddie and Tae
*Girl On Fire Alicia Keyes
*Girl Shanty Sons of the Never Wrong
Girls With Guitars Wynonna Judd
Gold Rush Brides Natalie Merchant
Good Mother Jann Arden
Gotta Be Me Secret Anget 23 Skidoo
Gotta Be You Secret Agent 23 Skidoo
*Hammer and Nail Indigo Girls
Headstrong 10,000 Maniacs
Heroes Ann Reed
Hey Hey Superchick
Hit Me With Your Best Shot Pat Benatar
How You’ve Grown 10,000 Maniacs
I Am NOt My Hair India Arie
*I Am Woman Helen Reddy
I Hope You Dance Lee Ann Womack
*I’m Coming Out Diana Ross
*I’m Every Woman Whitney Houston
*I’m Going to Live the Life Mahalia Jackson
I’m Gonna Be An Engineer Peggy Seeger
*I’m Not Perfect Laurie Berkner
I’m Ready Kim Possible Soundtrack
*In My Daughter’s Eyes Martina McBride
In Or Out Ani DiFranco
*Independent Women Destiny’s Child
It’s Amazing Jem
Joyful Girl Ani DiFranco
Julie Through the Glass Carly Simon
Jump Miss Melodee
Just a Girl No Doubt
Just the Way You Are Bruno Mars
Learn Me Right Brave Soundtrack
*Least omplicated Indigo Girls
Let It Go Frozen Soundtrack
Let It Grow Ester Dean
Let Your Heart Sing Katherine McPhee
*Love Song Sara Bareilles
Mean Taylor Swift
*Mean Girls Rachel Crow
*More Beautiful You Jonny Diaz
My Little Girl Tim McGraw
No Man’s Woman Sinead O’Connor
Not a Pretty Girl Ani DiFranco
One and Lonely Superchick
Overrated Ashely Tisdale
Part of Me Katy Perry
Pearl Katy Perry
*People Like Us Kelly Clarkson
*Perfect Girl Sarah McLachlan
*Proud Heather Small
*Respect Aretha Franklin
*Right as Rain Adele
Roar Katy Perry
Rock What You Got Superchick
Science Fair (Album)
She’s Not Just a Pretty Face Shania Twain
*Silent All These Years Tori Amos
*Sisters Are Doin’ It For Themselves Eurythmics
Skipping Eddie Vedder
Stand in the Rain Superchick
Strong Women Meg Braun
*Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) Kelly Clarkson
*Stupid Girls Pink
*Superwoman Alicia Keyes
*Survivor Destiny’s Child
Tell It Like It Is Tracy Chapman
Tell Yourself Natalie Merchant
*Thank God for Kids Kenny Chesney
*Thank U Alanis Morrisette
That I Would Be Good Alanis Morrisette
The Climb Miley Cyrus
The Emperor’s New Clothes Sinead O’Connor
*The Greatest Love of All Whitney Houston
*The Long Way Around Dixie Chicks
The Middle Jimmy Eat World
The Princess Who Saved Herself Jonathan Coulton
*The Voice Within Christina Aguilera
*The Wood song Indigo Girls
*This One’s For the Girls Martina McBride
Tomboy in a Princess Dress Suzi Shelton
Tomboy Princess Meg Braun
Touch the Sky Julie Fowlis Brave Soundtrack
*True Colors Cyndi Lauper
Try Colbie Caillet
Typical Girl Cheri Magill
*Unwritten Natasha Bedingfield
Video India Arie
What I Am Edie Brickell
*When I Was a Boy Dar Williams
Who I Am Jessica Andrews
Who Says Selena Gomez
Who’s That Girl Robyn
Whole Wide World Mindy Gledhill
*Wide Open Spaces Dixie Chicks
Wild One Faith Hill
Willing to Fight Ani DiFranco
*Wonder Natalie Merchant
*You Gotta Be Desree
*You’re Aging Well Dar Williams