Lemonade Day is Saturday, May 19, 2012, a day when kids all over Indianapolis will sell lemonade.
Get a leg-up on Lemonade Day competition at the Kidz Biz Workshop in the Learning Curve on Saturday, April 14, 2012 from 1-4 pm! Young entrepreneurs can learn skills to run their own lemonade stand.
You don’t have to wait for the workshop day to get started!
In March and April kids all over Indianapolis will learn how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand. Each kid who registers will receive a bright yellow backpack - inside is everything you need to prepare for Lemonade Day. Get a backpack, make a plan and get started making some money! Here’s how:
1. Pair Up: You must have a “caring adult” with you when you register and get a backpack at the Library – that could be a parent, grandparent, older sibling or other responsible adult. You must have an adult say that it is OK for you to do Lemonade Day and operate a lemonade stand.
- Sign Up Online (After completing the online registration, you will receive an email instructing you to print out the reply and bring it with you to any Library Location to verify registration. Don’t forget this part!)
- Pick up a Paper form at any Library Location, fill it out and turn it in.
3. Pick Up Your Backpack Backpack Pick-Up Locations (Indianapolis-Marion County Library Branches are on the list!)
4. Prepare for Lemonade Day
- When you get your backpack, you’ll find two workbooks: one for you and one for the adult working with you. Spend the next few weeks – at your own pace – working through these lessons about starting, owning and operating a business.
5. Set Up Your Stand on May 19th: Check the Lemonade Day Indianapolis Official Website. That site will be posting information about other places (in addition to your neighborhood) where you can set up your stand, so be sure to re-visit their web site in the coming days…..On May 19th, you’ll be one of thousands of kids across the Greater Indianapolis Area selling lemonade – think about how to stand out from your competitors and have a blast…and make some summer spending money!
|Here are some books that have great tips for starting a business and some stories about other kids who gave it a try:|