Lemonade Day is a free, Indianapolis -wide program that teaches kids how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand. Each kid who registers will receive a bright yellow backpack - inside is everything you need to prepare for Lemonade Day. It’s easy to sign up, here’s how:
1. Pair Up: You must have a “caring adult” – that could be a parent, grandparent, older sibling or other responsible adult.
3. Pick Up Your Backpack: Backpack Pick-Up Locations (Indianapolis-Marion County Library Branches are on the list!)
4. Prepare for Lemonade Day: When you get your backpack, you’ll find two workbooks: one for you and one for the adult working with you. Spend the next few weeks – at your own pace – working through these lessons about starting, owning and operating a business.
These library branches are having programs to help you get started:
- Business Plans 101 for Kids Lawrence Library Saturday, April 3, 2010 @ 3:30pm This program presented by Oogles ‘n Googles will introduce kids to entrepreneurship.
- Lemonade Day Activities Central Library Monday, April 5, 2010 anytime from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm A variety of activities to help kids learn about this fun entrepreneurial opportunity.
- Lemonade Day: Design a Lemonade Sign East 38th Street Branch Saturday, April 10, 2010 @ 2:00pm Get ready for Lemonade Day on May 2nd by learning how to design a sign for your lemonade stand.
6. Set Up Your Stand on May 2nd: Check the Lemonade Day Indianapolis Official Website. That site will be posting information about other places (in addition to your neighborhood) where you can set up your stand, so be sure to re-visit their web site in the coming days…..On May 2nd, you’ll be one of thousands of kids across the Greater Indianapolis Area selling lemonade – think about how to stand out from your competitors and have a blast…and make some summer spending money!Print This Post