If you love airplanes, ask a grownup to take you to the Indianapolis Air Show at the Mt. Comfort Airport this weekend, June 5-7, 2009. On the website you can see all the different kinds of planes and activities that will be going on there. You can see the Blue Angels, historic airplanes and a lot more.
If you can’t go to the airshow and just love airplanes, try out some of the paper creations in this book. The directions are really clear with color photographs to help you make the folds correctly. The planes start out easy and get harder and harder as you move through the book. The last plane requires 18 folds! The author even includes some tips for getting these planes to fly far.
Another book you might like: Super Simple Paper Airplanes
- NASA: How to Make a Dart Airplane
- NASA: How to Build a Paper Jet Model
- NASA: How to Make a Blunt Nose Airplane
- Exploratorium Try This! Paper Airplanes
- Alex’s Paper Airplanes
- Amazing Paper Airplanes: Instructions for Simple Designs
- Amazing Paper Airplanes: Instructions for Unusual Designs
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis: Airplane Models & Toys