Theodosia spends most of her time in her dad’s museum that is filled with artifacts her mom digs up in Egypt. But Theo is a wreck! She’s constantly worried about her parents, who are so busy they sometimes forget to feed her, and what’s worse, they have no idea their artifacts are cursed. Theo is so concerned about the curses, she’s developed her own curse removing kit and sleeps in a sarcophagus (mummy’s coffin) for safety. If sleeping in a coffin makes sense…you’re really scared!
Theo’s mom returns from a dig with an amulet inscribed with curses that could destroy the British Empire. Like Indiana Jones, Theo is up against some powerful Germans that want to use the cursed amulet as a weapon against England. Theo fights back using her gutsy attitude, ancient texts, her curse-removing kit, some well connected allies, and brains…a recipe for adventure! Author: R.L. LaFevers
- Theodosia Throckmorton Official Website
- Look Inside Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos
- Google Preview Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos
- University of Manchester: Making a Mummy
- University of Manchester: Writing in Hieroglyphics
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis: Ancient Egyptian Artifacts
Theodosia Throckmorton Series:
Theo is back removing curses in The Staff of Osiris. Theo might be able to detect ancient curses but she isn’t the only girl with special powers. Emmy can shrink, Molly can hypnotize people and Gilda, well, Gilda sees dead people!