- Sign up at the Summer Reading Desk.
- Everyone who registers for the Summer Reading Program must receive a POINT CARD at the Library Summer Reading Desk.
- Books must be checked out on an Indianapolis Public Library Card or a Beech Grove Public Library Card.
- No books will be counted which are returned before MONDAY, JUNE 2, 2014. BOOKS RETURNED AFTER SATURDAY, JULY 26, 2014 WILL NOT EARN POINTS.
- FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, POINTS CAN BE EXCHANGED FOR PRIZES UNTIL SATURDAY, AUGUST 2, 2014.
- Books must be returned to the designated check in area between JUNE 2 and JULY 26, 2014.
- Books must be read which are at or above the participant’s reading level.
- A total of no more than 600 points will be awarded to any participant.
- Each participant is responsible for his or her Point Card. It must be presented to the librarian each time books are returned to receive reading points.
- Any unused reading credit will be lost if a participant’s Point Card is lost. A new card will be issued, and the participant may start over.
- The decision of the librarian is final to accept any book for reading credit.
- You can not accumulate points beyond the total number on the Point Card.
A new component this year will involve a drawing for two $529 scholarships good toward a college savings account courtesy of CollegeChoice Direct 529 Savings Plan and CollegeChoice CD 529 Savings Plan. Participants can learn about qualifications to become eligible for the drawing upon registration at any Indy Library branch, Central Library and the Beech Grove Public Library.
Adults also are invited to be armchair travelers this summer by participating in an Adult Summer Reading Program that showcases books from around the world. A reading list of selected fiction and nonfiction books relating to numerous countries, cultures and travel themes is available. Additionally, the Library will host travelogues, author talks and book discussions throughout the summer.
- Summer Showtime Movies
- Bonus Books (30 points each)
- 2014 Flier (2014 Flier en español)
FREE Online Books
Listen & Read All Summer HERE