The words in this book are the words from Martin Luther King’s famous “I have a dream” speech which he delivered on August 28, 1963 during the March on Washington. Marchers came from all over to gather in front of the Lincoln Memorial. A lot more people watched the march and heard this speech on television.
The paintings in the book were done by Kadir Nelson and the book was named a 2013 Coretta Scott King Illustrator Award Honor Book.
Martin Luther King – I Have A Dream Speech – August 28, 1963:
- National Geographic Kids: Martin Luther King Jr. in Pictures
- Library of Congress America’s Story: Martin Luther King Jr.
- BrainPop Movie: Martin Luther King Jr.
- Scholastic: Martin Luther King Jr. The Legacy of a Leader
- Seattle Times: Martin Luther King Jr. & the Civil Rights Movement
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site
- IndyPL Kids Blog: Homework Help – Black History Month
- IndyPL Ready to Read Blog: Martin Luther King Jr. Day