When the sprinkler system at school goes haywire filling the school with water and mold Big Nate and his friends think they will get an unexpected 2 week break from P.S. 38. Instead, they get bused to Jefferson Middle School instead – their arch enemies who beat them in EVERYTHING…soccer, battle of the bands, math quiz bowl – everything!
What’s worse, when they get to Jefferson it’s…really nice.
Jefferson Middle School Fancy Facts:
1. The drinking fountains all have motion sensors.
2. The auitorium has movie style seats and then RECLINE!
3. There’s a rec room for kids to use during free periods.
4. They don’t have a cafetorium…they have a FOOD COURT…that smells GOOD.
The P.S. 38 kids are sick of it. They think hard about what kind of competition they could challenge Jefferson to that would given them a chance at winning…and Nate comes up with it…the Ultimate Snowdown Snow Sculpture Contest. Can Nate lead his P.S. 38 friends to victory? Author: Lincoln Peirce (Pronounced “purse” – who knew?)
- Amazon Look Inside: Big Nate Goes for Broke
- GoogleBooks: Big Nate in a Class By Himself
- Browse Inside Big Nate Goes for Broke
- GoodReads: Big Nate Goes for Broke
- Big Nate Online
- Poptropica: Big Nate Island
- Read the Big Nate Comic Strip Archive
- Big Nate Official Website
- Big Nate Comic Mashup
Big Nate Series:
1: Big Nate in a Class By Himself
2: Big Nate Strikes Again
3: Big Nate On a Roll
4: Big Nate Goes for Broke
5: Big Nate Flips Out (February 5, 2013)
6: Big Nate In the Zone (Sometime 2013)
7: Big Nate Cracks the Code (Sometime 2013)
|If you think Nate is funny, try some of these:|