“Have you ever wondered who invented some of the items we use and depend on each day? Well take a look at this title What Color is My World?: the Lost History of African-American Inventors. Twins Ella and Herbie have just moved into an older home with their parents. The home is in need of much repair. Handy Man, Mr. Mital, is able to restore the home and pass on history to Ella and Herbie about famous inventors. Herbie gets so excited about the information that he pulls out his notebook and writes notes so that he won’t forget anything. This is an excellent source for children of all ages to learn about great inventions and inventors.”
Recommended by Denyce Malone – Flanner House Library
And to make the book even more interesting, note that it is written by the basketball legend, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
- Amazon Look Inside: What Color Is My World?
- Candlewick Press Biography: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Official Website Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- NBA Encyclopedia: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Black History: Scientists & Inventors
Print This Post