The Muscular System moves the body, gives it posture and circulates the blood. It is made up of three types of muscles: skeletal, smooth & cardiac muscles.
Websites, Activities & Printables:
- KidsHealth: Your Muscles
- DK Find Out! Muscular System
- KidsHealth Interactive Diagram: Muscles & Joints
- Wonderopolis: Why Do Athletes Stretch Before They Work Out?
- Wonderopolis: What Is the Strongest Muscle in the Body?
- Wonderopolis: Why Do Your Muscles Cramp?
- BBC Human Anatomy: Muscle Diagram
Science in Context: Muscular System is a database you can use in any IndyPL Library Branch or at home. Login using your IndyPL library card number. Science in Context will show you biographies, magazines, videos and more about the Muscular System.
Use your indyPL Library Card to check out books at any of our locations, or check out e-books and e-audiobooks from home right to your device. Click on a book jacket below to request a book or download it. Need help? Call or ask a Library staff member at any of our locations, text a librarian at 317 333-6877, or leave a comment.