The Life Pump
- Red blood cells carry oxygen from the lungs to all the cells of the body.
- White blood cells are like soldiers protecting the body.
- ARTERIES are vessels that carry blood away from the heart.
- VEINS are vessels that carry blood back to the heart.
- Blood CIRCULATES–circles–all around your body in about one or two minutes.
- Inside the heart are four hollow chambers. Each chamber is a little pump. The pumping pushes blood all around your body.
Websites and Books:
- KidsHealth: Your Heart and Circulatory System
- Biology in Motion: Cardiovascular System
- Your Gross and Cool Body: Cardiovascular System
- Franklin Institute: The Human Heart
- PBS NOVA: Map of the Human Heart
- PBS: The Mysterious Human Heart
- Texas Heart Institute: Anatomy of the Human Heart
- KidsHealth: CPR a Real Lifesaver