Kids ages 8 and older are invited to learn the basics of comic book drawing during this class led by instructors from Art With a Heart. You’ll gain knowledge of various styles, techniques and best methods to tell a story through art. Schedule
November 26 – December 31, 2012
• The contest is to promote and encourage young people, 6 to 17 years-old, to use their library cards at the various branches and Central Library of the Indianapolis Public Library (the “Library”).
• The contest begins 12:00 am on November 26, 2012, and ends 11:59 pm on December 31, 2012.
• Library card holders are automatically entered into the contest when they use their library card for any library service. Only one library card usage per day, per person will count for entry into the contest. No purchase is necessary to win the contest.
• The more days during the contest period the library card holders use their library card, the more automatic chances are entered into the contest and the greater the odds of winning.
• After the contest period ends, one winner will randomly be drawn by computer and notified on January 2, 2013.
• The date and time of the Colts players visit is to be determined by the Indianapolis Colts and the Library.
• The contest winner will be eligible to choose which Library location hosts the visit.
• The event is limited to the winning child, the winning child’s family and 20 of the child’s friends each accompanied by an adult – not to exceed 50 people.
• The contest winner must be a Library card holder, 6 to 17 years-old, and a legal resident of the fifty United States.
• The contest is open to the general public, not Library employees.
• The contest is run by the Indianapolis Public Library, P.O. Box 211, Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-0211.
• Contest prize has no retail value.
The Indianapolis Colts are joining The Indianapolis Public Library to promote using your library card during the “COLTSTRONG, LIBRARYSTRONG” campaign through December 31. The campaign seeks to increase awareness about the many ways a library card can be used to take advantage of the free resources of the public library.
Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and tight end Dwayne Allen are spokesmen for the Library card campaign which includes TV and radio commercials and promotion through social media. It is one of the first community endorsements for the duo since arriving in Indianapolis. More
Print This Post
Homework Help Elementary & Middle School:
|Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology’s Homework Hotline Provides FREE math and science homework help. Just call them up!
|The Children’s Dyslexia Center The Center is located in the Scottish Rite Cathedral, downtown Indianapolis. The Center provides FREE remediation for school-aged children with dyslexia. Kids receive one on one tutoring twice a week.
||Learning Express Library Practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks & more for: (Requires an IndyPL Library Card)
|Accelerated Reader Bookfinder Searching for Accelerated Reader books
is fun and easy with this free online tool.
|Lexile Find a Book Tell us your Lexile measure, and find books you’d like to read!|
|Scholastic Reading Counts This searchable database provides information about books that are supported by Scholastic Reading Counts! quizzes. This easy-to-use database helps teachers, students, and parents locate the right title to read next. Search by title, author, grade level & Lexile® measure.|
Choose a topic below to see book & website resources to help you get started on your homework:
Here are 22 kids’ blog stand outs from 2012 – perfect choices for your wish list. These are especially original or funny or action-packed. All of them have memorable characters and are the kind of stories that stick with you long after the last page.
Adventure and Fantasy
For Animal Lovers
For History Lovers
More ideas for kid book gifts:
- ReadKiddoRead: What They Are Ho-Ho-Hoping For 2012
- Reading Rockets Annual Holiday Buying Guide
- Amazon Holiday Gifts in Books: Kids & Teens
- Barnes & Noble Holiday Gift Guide: Books for Kids & Teens
That’s right. You can help feed the hungry right where you are playing an online trivia game from FreeRice.com.
FreeRice.com is a non-profit website that is owned by and supports the United Nations World Food Programme.
- Click on the right answer.
- If you get it right, you get a harder question. If you get it wrong, you get an easier question.
- For each answer you get right, FreeRice.com donates 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Programme.
- Turkey FAQ – Because what are giblets anyway?
- National Geographic Kids: The First Thanksgiving
- Plimoth Plantations Thanksgiving Interactive: You Be the Historian
- Fact Monster: How to Say Thank You in 26 Languages
- Talk Like a Pilgrim
- Scholastic: The First Thanksgiving
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade