A full day of special robotics events for kids 6-14.
MORNING: (in the Learning Curve)
- First Lego League (FLL) teams, for young ones ages 9 – 14, will rotate through three rounds of judging on the theme, “World Class – Learning Unleashed.”
- FLL teams, for those ages 6 – 8, will exhibit on the topic, “Think Tank – Redefining Learning,” and have review sessions to prepare them for FLL judging sessions.
AFTERNOON: (Central Library’s Clowes Auditorium)
- FLL teams will participate in a “robot games” competition, followed by an awards ceremony.
The presenting sponsor is the Society for Information Management – Indianapolis. Additional sponsorship comes from 3M and the Broad Ripple Kiwanis. For information on joining or forming a tournament team, go to the “newcomer” section of the Indiana Championship site at www.etcs.ipfw.edu/fll.
There are some things you can just never have enough of…M&Ms…and Legos! Here are some websites & books to keep ideas coming little brick by little brick.
- Lego Official Website
- Lego Club Building Steps: Lots of Directions of Lego Models!
- Jacob’s Lego Building Instructions
- LucasArts Lego Star Wars
- Printable Lego Bingo Game
- Printable: Minifig Stickers
- Printable: Minifig Masks
- Brickset.com Lego Set Guide Since the 1970s!
- Lego Brickipedia
- Pinterest: Lego Printables
- Pinterest: Lego Coloring Pages
|Here are some selected Lego Library books to keep you building. See all the Library’s Lego Books.|