November 15 – December 31, 2014
• The contest is to promote and encourage young people, 6 to 17 years-old, to use their library cards at the various branches and Central Library of the Indianapolis Public Library (the “Library”).
• The contest begins 12 a.m. November 15, 2014, and ends 11:59 p.m. December 31, 2014.
• Library card holders are automatically entered into the contest when they use their library card for any library service. Only one library card usage per day, per person will count for entry into the contest. No purchase is necessary to win the contest.
• The more days during the contest period the library card holders use their library card, the more automatic chances are entered into the contest and the greater the odds of winning.
• After the contest period ends, one winner will randomly be drawn by computer and notified on January 9, 2015.
• The date and time of the Colts players visit is to be determined by the Indianapolis Colts and the Library.
• The contest winner will be eligible to choose which Library location hosts the visit.
• The event is limited to the winning child, the winning child’s family and 20 of the child’s friends each accompanied by an adult – not to exceed 50 people.
• The contest winner must be a Library card holder, 6 to 17 years-old, and a legal resident of the fifty United States.
• The contest is open to the general public, not Library employees.
• The contest is run by the Indianapolis Public Library, P.O. Box 211, Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-0211.
• Contest prize has no retail value.
Print This Post
A full day of special robotics events for kids 6-14.
MORNING: (in the Learning Curve)
- First Lego League (FLL) teams, for young ones ages 9 – 14, will rotate through three rounds of judging on the theme, “World Class – Learning Unleashed.”
- FLL teams, for those ages 6 – 8, will exhibit on the topic, “Think Tank – Redefining Learning,” and have review sessions to prepare them for FLL judging sessions.
AFTERNOON: (Central Library’s Clowes Auditorium)
- FLL teams will participate in a “robot games” competition, followed by an awards ceremony.
The presenting sponsor is the Society for Information Management – Indianapolis. Additional sponsorship comes from 3M and the Broad Ripple Kiwanis. For information on joining or forming a tournament team, go to the “newcomer” section of the Indiana Championship site at www.etcs.ipfw.edu/fll.
There are some things you can just never have enough of…M&Ms…and Legos! Here are some websites & books to keep ideas coming little brick by little brick.
Print This Post
Those of all ages are invited to a special summer concert at the Library with Wizard Rock & Nerd Rock, a jam session featuring Kirstyn Hippe, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Tonks & the Aurors. This free concert will be held in Central Library’s Clowes Auditorium. Schedule
Harry Potter. We’ll probably never see the likes of his phenomenon again – it sure was fun while it lasted! If you saw the movies, don’t miss the books, if you read the books, don’t miss the CD or Audiobook. Listed below are several other adventure series about friends like Harry, Ron and Hermione. Some of them are just as good. Seriously. Trust me.
1: Sorcerer’s Stone on CD, eBook, eAudio
Print This Post
2: Chamber of Secrets on CD, eBook, eAudio
3: Prisoner of Azkaban on CD, eBook, eAudio
4: Goblet of Fire on CD, eBook, eAudio
5: Order of the Phoenix, CD, eBook, eAudio
6: Half Blood Prince on CD, eBook, eAudio
7: Deathly Hallows on CD, eBook, eAudio